Need to Dispute Information Found on Your Accurate Background Check?

You’re in the right place. Review the dispute FAQ and fill out the form below.

Need to Dispute Information Found on Your Accurate Background Check?

Frequently Asked Questions

If you believe any information reported on your background report is incomplete or inaccurate, you may file a dispute free of charge with Accurate Background.  Accurate Background strives to complete the dispute process, also known as a reinvestigation, as soon as possible, but could take up to 30 days, depending on the nature, scope and source of the information being disputed.

You have several ways to dispute information on your background check report:

Email: By emailing your request to

Online:  You may enter your dispute on the form below

Phone: By calling Accurate Background at 800.216.8024

Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 855.785.4434

Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to:
Accurate Background
Dispute Department
7515 Irvine Center Drive
Irvine, CA 92618

Please provide the following information with your dispute. Do not include personally identifiable information, other than full name, confirmation number, and your contact telephone number, if sending via email.

  • Full name
  • Confirmation or ID number
  • Social Security Number
  • Daytime contact phone number
  • Email Address
  • Provide the specific item on  your report that is incorrect or incomplete
  • Any additional information you are able to provide may help us expedite the reinvestigation, but is not a requirement to initiate a dispute. This includes, but is not limited to:
    • Copy of your driver license or photo ID (please enlarge and ensure copy is clear and legible)
    • Documents to support your dispute (if available)

You are entitled to receive a copy of your background report and Accurate Background also has trained customer service representatives who can work with you if you need assistance identifying the specific information that you want to dispute.

Accurate Background will notify the requestor of your consumer report (the entity who requested your background check) that you have initiated a dispute regarding information on your background report. Upon completion, Accurate Background will notify you and the company who requested the background check of the reinvestigation results.  If you need to check on the status of your dispute, you may contact our Client Services Team 24/7.

File a Dispute Form

If something looks incorrect on your background check report, you may file a dispute. Please provide as much detail as possible.