The time varies based on what is actually being conducted as part of your background check. The time may also vary depending on what’s included in the background check request and the responsiveness of the source of the information being requested. Please note, holidays and weekends do not count towards processing time.
You have several ways to dispute information on your background check report: Email: By emailing your request to firstname.lastname@example.org Online: You may enter your dispute on our website here Phone: By calling Accurate Background at 800.216.8024 Fax: By faxing a dispute letter to 855.785.4434 Mail: By mailing your dispute letter to: Accurate Background Dispute Department 200 Spectrum Center Drive, Suite 1100 Irvine, CA 92618 Please provide the following information with your dispute. Do not include personally identifiable information, other than full name, confirmation number, and your contact telephone number, if sending via email.
- Full name
- Confirmation or ID number
- Social Security Number
- Daytime contact phone number
- Email Address
- Provide the specific item on your report that is incorrect or incomplete
- Any additional information you are able to provide may help us expedite the reinvestigation, but is not a requirement to initiate a dispute. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Copy of your driver license or photo ID (please enlarge and ensure copy is clear and legible)
- Documents to support your dispute (if available)
What is included in a background check is determined by the requestor of your background check report (the entity who requested your background check). The background check order may include any of the services offered by Accurate Background, such as employment and education verification, criminal history search, and/or driving record.
A company may have performed a background check on you because you have submitted a job application or request to work for the company, or you are working on their behalf. We recommend reaching out to the company who ordered the background check to understand why the background check was performed.
Hiring decisions are made by the company you are applying to in accordance with applicable laws. We recommend contacting the company you applied to regarding employment or contracting decisions.
We make every effort to avoid unnecessary delays in completing your background check report. There are certain situations where information is delayed for reasons beyond our control, such as:
- Natural disasters resulting in court closures and/or power outages, or
- Unexpected court clerk delays
- Other Information Needed (i.e. Release Needed, Verification of SSN, etc.)
- Court Closures due to severe weather conditions, holidays, etc.
Accurate Background takes the quality and accuracy of our information very seriously. Background screening results are verified for accuracy and our expansive network of researchers is routinely audited to ensure accurate information is provided at all times.